Bio- Identical Hormone Replacement and its benefits
In the last decade there is increasing popularity in the sector of Bio- Identical Hormone Replacement There are different medical areas that have seen the benefit of using this mode of treatment, such as in the fields of- Gynaecology, Integrative medicine Cardiology, Neurology, Dermatology etc.
There are many beneficial indications associated with the use of Bio-identical hormones, one needs to become aware of the the pros and cons and make an informed choice. Benefits cover both emotional and physical wellbeing.
Benefits of this therapy:
1. The molecular structures of these hormones are exactly identical with the hormones that are present in the body of a human being hence the use of the term Bio- identical.
2. They are safe to use if prescribed by an experienced physician who has appropriate training in Bio- identical hormones
3. There are no known long-term negative effects, the hormones are removed from the body more efficiently than their synthetic counterparts. One must consider how the individual metabolises these hormones, which largely depends on their lifestyle.
4. There are minimal side effects linked with Bio identical replacement therapy so long a safe dosing is applied.
5. The script is personalised and customised to the patients requirement to maintain the balance of several hormones at one time if need be.
It is a not a one size fits all script. Qualified compound chemists make up the individual dosing requirement following the doctors assessment and prescription.
Hormones that are compounded are- Estrogens such as estriol estrodiol, pregnenolone, testosterone, progesterone, DHEA,thyroid extract etc are produced in many compounded pharmacy laboratories to meet the needs of individuals.
Intravenous Nutritional Therapy Sydney
Our main source of nutrition must be derived from good dietary habits especially a whole food diet with plenty of fruits and vegetables. However in modern day living we often need to replenish our water soluble vitamins such as Vitamin B and C daily. This is due to the increased demands posed on our bodies, and the many environmental factors that deplete our body’s supply such as smoking, alcohol, caffeine, stress and not eating freshly cooked meals utilising fresh produce.
Intravenous Nutritional Therapy Sydney provides higher doses of vitamin C than taken by the oral route which helps the body recover from inflammation, thrombosis, ischaemic damage, and also assists in building up the immunity. During times of acute illness or certain chronic diseases higher doses of Vitamin C will be required to speed up the healing process.or may complement the conventional route.
Other nutrients can be added especially to improve energy levels such as Vitamin B complex, Trace elements such as magnesium. Antioxidants such as glutathione can also be added in certain conditions. All these help to boost the bodies ability to deal with illness/disease.
Some of the conditions that Intravenous Nutritional Therapy( INVT) can assist, and often complements conventional treatments:
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Migraine and other types of headaches
Glandular fever, or acute viral illnesses.
Intravenous vitamin therapy can greatly improve your health during times of high stress, recovering from illness or if you are feeling depleted all the while supporting your immune system and boosting your overall health.
Depending on your individual requirements, the Integrative Doctor at Sivanna Health can tailor your therapy so that you can receive optimal benefit of the nutrients.