Posted: November 3, 2011 at 4:09 pm | Tags: do I need a wedding planner, wedding coordinator, Wedding planner
This is a question many brides or grooms ask themselves when they start to plan their wedding. Ask yourselves these ten questions below and answer with True or False.
1. Couples can spend between 100-200 hours planning their wedding. You and your partner are busy, professional people and just simply do not have enough time to spend on planning your ideal day.
2. You have chosen to get married in a location you are not familiar with either for family or personal reasons or perhaps you are a same-sex couple and need to find a place where your can legally wed; as a result you are unfamiliar with venues and vendors who you can trust or are gay-friendly.
3. There are so many venues to choose from and you just don’t know which is the right one for you nor how to narrow down the long list.
4. You have no idea how to turn your ideas for your wedding day into a reality.
5. The wedding is just a few months away; you have a venue booked but nothing else and have no idea where to start in bringing all the necessary and/or desired elements together.
6. You want to spend your engagement with your fiancee making decisions that only you can make such as a gift registry, where to go on honeymoon, and attire.
7. You have a tight budget and want to make sure you stick to it; and you want helpful tips of how best to spend your money and where you can save money.
8. You want to make sure you have all the details covered and avoid common mistakes such as not enough parking, not having a rain plan, too long lines at the buffet, the DJ is playing music from you ‘do no play’ list.
9. It would be nice to have someone involved who is an independent third party that is not involved with family affairs and emotional decisions.
10. You don’t want to have to worry about any details on the big day. The last thing you want to be thinking about is where to put the cake table, has the band arrived, are the flowers here, did the JP show up, etc. You want to relax and enjoy your day as much as possible.
If you answered most of them True, perhaps you should start looking for a planner…..