What is Internet marketing?
1. Depending on whom you ask, the term Internet marketing can mean a variety of things. At one time, Internet marketing consisted mostly of having a website or placing banner ads on other websites. On the other end of the spectrum, there are loads of companies telling you that you can make a fortune overnight on the Internet and who try to sell you some form of вЂњ”вЂњ.
Today, Internet marketing, or online marketing, is evolving into a broader mix of components a company can use as a means of increasing sales вЂ“ even if your business is done completely online, partly online, or completely offline. The decision to use Internet marketing as part of a companyвЂ™s overall marketing strategy is strictly up to the company of course, but as a rule, Internet marketing is becoming an increasingly important part of nearly every companyвЂ™s marketing mix. For some online businesses, it is the only form of marketing being practiced.
2. Internet marketing is relatively inexpensive when compared to the ratio of cost against the reach of the target audience. Internet marketing is a great way to bring more profit to your business. Internet marketing is a cost effective way to deliver excellence buyers for your services at little cost compared to most types of marketing services.
Search engines are important to your ” because according to a recent study, some 85% of all Web site traffic originates from either a search engine or directory. Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is one of the most effective tactics used in e-Marketing today.
3. Internet marketing is the business of both advertising and selling goods and services over the Internet. This form of business is ever-increasing in popularity, with millions of people now making purchases on the Internet. Internet marketing began in the early 1990s as primarily a means of product description, consisting merely of text descriptions. As technology progressed, Internet marketing rapidly advanced to include pictures and other rich graphics as part of advertisements for products and services. After realizing the remarkable potential of this means of marketing, Internet-based companies started opening their virtual doors for business. As opposed to what are now known as вЂњbrick and mortarвЂќ operations, these e-businesses offer their products and services to a growing number of consumers, conducting all, or nearly all, of their business in the virtual world of the Internet.
There are many forms of marketing on the Internet. For more details go to www.split-test-profits.com Among them are article marketing, blog marketing, e-mail marketing, search engine marketing (to include search engine optimization), banner ads, pay-per-click ads, and pop-up ads. It is important to note that each of these forms catches the attention of the target market in different ways, and some may be more effective than others depending on the product or service, the target market, and the strategy and goal of the business marketing itself. Among the business functions that may require use of different means in their strategies are client service, sales, public relations, information organization, and others.
4. Internet marketing is still a complete mystery to a large majority of Internet users. For a lot of users, Internet marketing is seen as some odd area of the web, occupied with silly get-rich-quick schemes and nasty characters ready to rip off the innocent and uninformed customer at the click of a mouse.
Worldwide there are now over a billion Internet users, representing one large global consumer base or marketplace. The total amount of goods sold online has been steadily increasing each year as the Internet gains in both popularity and familiarity. Studies have shown people shop online because of lower prices, a wider selection of products, easier comparison shopping, and many just prefer not having to travel to stores to make a purchase.
5. Think of your website as a local shop that is situated down a dead end street. To succeed your customers need to know where you are and what you are about.
First of all this means having good road signs and there being a road layout that makes the street easy to get to. In the online world the road signs and layout are the website software and optimised content and they are just as important if you want online customers to find you.
6. ” is the research of the target audience, studying the market situation and predicting changes for the online market, plus the package of actions aimed at bringing potential customers to the website by improving the web siteвЂ™s visibility in search engines and placing all sorts of ads throughout the Net. An integral part of the Internet marketing is the web siteвЂ™s visits statistics.
Any of your actions toward increasing sales are to be evaluated in terms of their efficiency. The quality analysis of the Internet statistics will help you understand your prospective customersвЂ™ demands and interests, evaluate the attraction and retention methods that are good for the customers and reveal what makes them to not get interested in your products or services.